Photo via: salvagedior.blogspot.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Art Now you could buy an old chandelier that has the crystals on it and replace them with cutlery…great recycle diy
- Turn a $1 store rubber door mat into wall art…. this is BEYOND genius!
- When we decided to create our sunken brick patio one thing that I really wanted to add was a wooden arbor entrance from the garden. Our wooden arbor does a wonderful job of making this outdoor space feel more like an outdoor room. This wooden arbor was fairly simple to make and we made it using scrap wood from the deck that we took down and wood left over from creating our wood retaining wall. arbor gardenarbor diy http://lehmanlane.net
- Does your floor need a new look? Instead of replacing it with costly broadloom or hardwood, consider painting it. Today’s homeowner has a lot options for painted floors. Painting is no longer restricted just to wood floors—concrete and linoleum are also good candidates for a paint makeover, which works well in kitchens, bathrooms, living areas, and front halls. If you’re thinking of painting the floor of one or more rooms in your home, keep a few things in mind before you start. First, consid…
- One of our favorite moss-like ground covers for the shade to part shade garden! This yellow foliage version of Irish Moss quickly grows to form a mat just 1 tall and 15 wide. The soft, cushiony yellow mat is covered with 100s of tiny white flowers in spring. This fast-growing shade ground cover is perfect for edging pathways and planting in between stepping stones. Plants grow best in part shade to full shade and benefit from watering during prolonged dry spells. Great for plant…
- To give my indoor cats a new challenge I made them a climbing wall. It takes up very little space and could be fitted in any small room or apartment.
- Painting on glass is not only fun, but it can be very easy especially for beginners! There never is a shortage of glass items to paint; just look around your home, shop your favorite retail stores, or bargain hunt at your local thrift stores.
- DIY antique mercury glass: For my sisters wedding I did the same thing to about 20 huge vases. The problem with that was trying to not have drips (of the vinegar water or the paint) when it wasnt a flat surface. I also found about halfway through that dripping the water on was much better than the spray bottle, and wiping after the paint had dried created the look I had wanted from the beginning. I never thought to spray the back black though, thats really smart.
- This is such a cute idea for a bean bag toss! Get red, white and blue ones for 4th of July, and make some cute bean bags … and you have a great kids game for a neighborhood block party, family reunion, or picnic in the park! I think I am headed to the dollar store tomorrow! (just a pic-no website) by jan
- Wood sign hand painted with black font. Sign reads We may not have it all together, but together we have in all. Sign is made to look distressed!! Makes a great wedding gift or new wall decor for yourself! Sign measures 24×18, can be done as large as 24×36
- Youre home from the beach with a collection of shells, and now you need something to do with all of them! The kids will love making this school of fish made from seashells, and you can save them as momentos from your vacation. They will look great in a shadowbox frame on your childs bedroom wall.
- Rather than buying those ridiculously expensive anti-slip mats for a rug, just turn it over and run a few lines of acrylic-latex caulk every 6 inches or so. Let dry and flip over and your rug wont be going anywhere!