Photo via: hometalk.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- How to make a Barn Wood effect. Start with new wood. Then with the paintbrush, paint a layer of water and then a layer of stain and rub it off quickly with a rag to get that gray color. The water keeps the stain from getting too far in the wood so it’ll be gray not black.
- DIY antique mercury glass: For my sisters wedding I did the same thing to about 20 huge vases. The problem with that was trying to not have drips (of the vinegar water or the paint) when it wasnt a flat surface. I also found about halfway through that dripping the water on was much better than the spray bottle, and wiping after the paint had dried created the look I had wanted from the beginning. I never thought to spray the back black though, thats really smart.
- Art Now you could buy an old chandelier that has the crystals on it and replace them with cutlery…great recycle diy
- Old picture frame secured on top of coffee table, painted same shade. Love this idea. I cant currently have a coffee table because my 1 year old daughter doesnt look in front of her when walking… but someday when I can have furniture in places other than up against the wall, this would be a very creative and fun thing to do.
- This is a great re-purpose of an old entertainment center. A little paint and you have a new storage cabinet! repurpose distressed reuse
- Well show you how to etch glass and create beautiful designs on almost any type of glass in just a few minutes. Youll be surprised how easy it is!
- Took an old, empty window frame…spray painted some fiberglass screen and stapled it to the back of frame…and will sew on antique family doilies to the screen. Theyre just pinned for now, but you get the idea. As featured on www.sadieseasongoods.com !
- How To Get Gross Smells Out of Old Furniture — a list of tips and tricks to combat odors from @Atta Girl Says Amy Buchanan and other Hometalkers
- Does your floor need a new look? Instead of replacing it with costly broadloom or hardwood, consider painting it. Today’s homeowner has a lot options for painted floors. Painting is no longer restricted just to wood floors—concrete and linoleum are also good candidates for a paint makeover, which works well in kitchens, bathrooms, living areas, and front halls. If you’re thinking of painting the floor of one or more rooms in your home, keep a few things in mind before you start. First, consid…
- This vintage sign is perfect for your shabby chic home. The text is all hand painted onto 3 horizontal strips of wood. The background is a distressed white color and the font is black. The frame is attached to the wood and is a distressed dark grey color. The sign measures 34 long, 18.5 tall, and 1 thick. The sign comes ready to hang.
- THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF MY CUSTOM WORK. Im very happy creating any piece that you may have in mind. Hes a good example of what I can do, this mosaic was made on clear glass so its translucent. The ho
- This blogger makes a full-time income off of blogging! She is sharing a step-by-step tutorial on how to frugally start a money-making blog on the Blogger platform. She goes through the entire set-up process and gives several ideas for how you can monetize the blog almost from the beginning. Lots of great tips and tricks, this is a wonderful resource if youre a new blogger wanting to start a blog to make money…you can even do it for free by following the steps in this post!